If you are looking for new clients who are 25 – 54 years old, who are well-educated, and have money to invest in your services, products, or offers, then podcasting is a sure fire way to connect with them.
Consider these stats from the Edison Research 2017 Podcast Consumer and 2018 Infinite Dial Reports…
- 48 million Americans listen to podcasts weekly
- 32% of those listeners are 25 – 54 (with another 31% 12 – 24 and 15% above 55)
- The average listener subscribes to 6 shows,
- consumes 7 episodes per week and
- 80% of listeners listen to more than half or all of each episode
- 31% of weekly podcast listeners have a household income of $100k or more per year
- 57% of podcast listeners have at least a 4 year college degree and 63% have full-time employment
We get even more interesting information about reactions to advertising in podcasts and buying tendencies.
Per reports from Edison Research and Nielsen in 2017…
- 65 percent of listeners said podcast ads increase purchase intent (VERY IMPORTANT… it’s not a direct response… the repeated mention of a service or product by the trusted host is what drives the eventual purchase or conversion)
- while another 45 percent said that they’re likely to visit an advertiser’s website after hearing an audio promo. Another 42 percent of listeners said they would consider a new product or service after hearing a plug for a brand,
- while 37 percent use podcast ads to help research brands.
- 57% of the podcast ads Nielsen tested outperformed the video pre-rolls for intent to purchase.
- Almost 70% of respondents said that podcast ads increased the listeners’ brand awareness.
Reactions to podcast ads were generally positive among the respondents, with
- 78% saying they don’t mind ads or sponsors because the listener knows they support the podcast.
- 83% percent said show hosts are authentic and natural in reading the spots, and
- 74% said sponsors were a good match for show content.
- Additionally, the study revealed that 66% tuned into the audio shows to learn something new.
If you are using podcasts in your business, I’d love to hear your success stories and challenges.
Please comment below!